Get updated jackpots alerts and news. The best source for worldwide lottery results online.
South Carolina (SC) Lottery Results & Winning Numbers
Saturday, Jan 15, 2022
Mon, Jan 17, 2022USD 100,000
Saturday, Jan 15, 2022
Mon, Jan 17, 2022USD 53 Million
Friday, Jan 14, 2022
Tue, Jan 18, 2022USD 347 Million
All South Carolina Games Details
All the best South Carolina lottery games that count with results on our website are summarized below.
|GAME||PRIZE TYPE||GAME FORMAT||SALES STOP|
|Pick 3 Midday||Fixed Prize||3 from 0-9||12:45 p.m.|
|Pick 3 Evening||Fixed Prize||3 from 0-9||6:45 p.m.|
|Pick 4 Midday||Fixed Prize||4 from 0-9||12:45 p.m.|
|Pick 4 Evening||Fixed Prize||4 from 0-9||6:45 p.m.|
|Palmetto Cash 5||Fixed Prize||5 from 1-38||6:45 p.m.|
|Powerball||Jackpot||5 from 1-69 + 1 from 1-26||9:59 p.m.|
|Mega Millions||Jackpot||5 from 1-70 + 1 from 1-25||10:00 p.m.|
|Lucky for Life||Fixed Prize||5 from 1-48 + 1 from 1-18||9:35 p.m.|
South Carolina Lottery Games Schedule
Bookmark this page to know at what type to check the South Carolina lottery results according to the schedule below and South Carolina local time:
|Pick 3 Midday||12:59 p.m.||12:59 p.m.||12:59 p.m.||12:59 p.m.||12:59 p.m.||12:59 p.m.|
|Pick 3 Evening||6:59 p.m.||6:59 p.m.||6:59 p.m.||6:59 p.m.||6:59 p.m.||6:59 p.m.||6:59 p.m.|
|Pick 4 Midday||12:59 p.m.||12:59 p.m.||12:59 p.m.||12:59 p.m.||12:59 p.m.||12:59 p.m.|
|Pick 4 Evening||6:59 p.m.||6:59 p.m.||6:59 p.m.||6:59 p.m.||6:59 p.m.||6:59 p.m.||6:59 p.m.|
|Palmetto Cash 5||6:59 p.m.||6:59 p.m.||6:59 p.m.||6:59 p.m.||6:59 p.m.||6:59 p.m.||6:59 p.m.|
|Powerball||10:59 p.m.||10:59 p.m.|
|Mega Millions||11:00 p.m.||11:00 p.m.|
|Lucky for Life||10:35 p.m.||10:35 p.m.|
South Carolina Advanced Draws
|Pick 3 Midday||up to 14|
|Pick 3 Evening||up to 14|
|Pick 4 Midday||up to 14|
|Pick 4 Evening||up to 14|
|Powerball||up to 20|
|Mega Millions||up to 20|
|Lucky for Life||up to 20|
|Palmetto Cash 5||up to 20|
How to Buy Lottery Tickets in South Carolina?
Players need to purchase lottery tickets at local licensed retailers in South Carolina, an option available for all those above the legal age of 18 years. On the other hand, multi-state games are always available online through the lottery websites that we analyzed and recommended.
How to Claim a Prize in South Carolina?
Checking out the South Carolina Lottery results often might reveal that you are a winner at some point. In that case, it is essential to know your alternatives when it comes to claiming a prize in South Carolina. Everything there is to know is summarized below.
Prizes up to $500 or Free Plays
- Prizes up to and including $500 can be claimed at any local lottery retailer. Winners might receive it in cash, check, money order, or a combination of those.
- Up to and including that amount, claims are also accepted via mail with only the signed winning ticket.
- As a third alternative, take the signed winning ticket to the only claim center in the state.
Prizes from $501
- Any winnings up to $100,000 are welcome to be claimed via mail, counting with a claim form and a photo ID.
- As an alternative, winners can claim any amount at the claim center, taking their photo ID, the signed winning ticket, and a completed claim form.
Prizes Won Playing Online
For those who opted to play the multi-state games available on the lottery websites that we recommend, kindly check their rules regarding claims. Some of them do not require any claim and instantly deposit the total amount to players. Others might deposit up to $2,500 and require bigger prizes to be claimed in person, so pay attention.
Prize Claim Form and South Carolina Claim Center Mail Address
It is necessary to fill the South Carolina Lottery Winners Claim Form and post it to the following address:
SC Education Lottery
P.O. Box 11039
Columbia, SC 29211-1039
As there are no lottery prize centers available, all the prizes from $501 can be claimed in person at the Lottery Headquarters:
|Columbia Claims Center|
1309 Assembly Street
Columbia, SC 29201
Phone: +1 803-253-4004
Monday through Friday – 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Lottery Tax Information in South Carolina
The state of South Carolina starts to apply taxes from small prizes above $500, while the federal taxes continue to be applied only for prizes above $5,000. In order to better detail the total taxes owed by the winners, take a look at the tables below.
Tax Withholdings on South Carolina Lottery – U.S. Citizens and Residents
|$500 – 5,000||State Tax||7%|
Tax Withholdings on South Carolina Lottery – Non-U.S. Citizens
|$500 – 5,000||State Tax||7%|
Lottery Rules in South Carolina
- Prizes up to $500 can be claimed at local retailers and up to $100,000 by mail.
- Prizes from all games expire in 6 months.
- It is necessary to be 18 years old or older to play any of the South Carolina games.
- Winnings above $5,000 are subject to state and federal taxes, but state taxes apply from only $501. They are considered moderate to high.
- Only U.S. residents and citizens can play the exclusive South Carolina Lottery games.
- It is possible to win and remain an anonymous winner in South Carolina.
Top 5 Interesting South Carolina Winners Stories
- $1.5 Billion – 132 days is how long a winner of $1.5 billion waited before claiming her incredible Mega Millions jackpot prize. The recordist payment went to a lawyer to secure her identity even further in a state where winners can choose to remain anonymous. She had the only winning ticket and opted for a lump sum of $878 million from the drawing on October 23, 2018.
- $400 Million – In his second time playing the lottery, one man from Columbia claimed a Powerball jackpot of $400 million in September 2013. He stopped for gas, and when he did not find hot-dog buns, he decided to use the money and get $20 in Powerball tickets.
- $260 Million – Reverend Solomon Jackson Jr. decided not to remain anonymous when he claimed $260 million from Powerball back in 2009. He retired from the Department of Revenue and gave some of his earnings to support education in his community, including luxury coach buses for Benedict College.
- $88 Million – Monica and Anthony Wilson of Charlotte won $88 million playing in the South Carolina Lottery in 2003. Their Powerball ticket was worth $48.8 million as a lump sum. Their plans back then involved donating some money to the church and paying off their house.
- $2 Million – A woman from Midlands won $2 million in the Powerball game from the drawing on April 21, 2021. She used to be a teacher and said that she would miss the children, but working will no longer be part of her life. At first, she forgot about PowerPlay and thought she would have only $1 million to use. Her plans involve spending more time with her husband.
FAQs About South Carolina Lotteries
No, there is no way to purchase tickets for the local games online. The multi-state games, on the other hand, are widely available on the online lotteries that we recommend.
It is necessary to be at least 18 years old to purchase tickets or claim the prizes.
Yes, South Carolina is one of the states that allow its winners to remain anonymous.
Yes, advanced draws are available in the South Carolina Lottery and on the websites that we recommend, too.
Winners can claim their prizes within up to 6 months from the draw.
If you lose your ticket, there will be no way of claiming any prize.
On this same page, we automatically update South Carolina Lottery results after every draw.