Get updated jackpots alerts and news. The best source for worldwide lottery results online.
North Carolina (NC) Lottery Results & Winning Numbers
Sunday, Jul 03, 2022
Mon, Jul 04, 2022USD 110,000
Saturday, Jul 02, 2022
Mon, Jul 04, 2022USD 26 Million
Friday, Jul 01, 2022
Tue, Jul 05, 2022USD 370 Million
Sunday, Jul 03, 2022
Mon, Jul 04, 2022USD 1,000 a day for life
All North Carolina Games Details
All the best North Carolina lottery games that count with results on our website are summarized below.
|GAME||PRIZE TYPE||GAME FORMAT||SALES STOP|
|Pick 3 Daytime||Fixed Prize||3 from 0-9||2:45 p.m.|
|Pick 3 Evening||Fixed Prize||3 from 0-9||10:59 p.m.|
|Pick 4 Daytime||Fixed Prize||4 from 0-9||2:45 p.m.|
|Pick 4 Evening||Fixed Prize||4 from 0-9||10:59 p.m.|
|Lucky for Life||Fixed Prize||5 from 1-48 + 1 from 1-18||9:30 p.m.|
|Cash 5||Jackpot||5 from 1-43||10:59 p.m.|
|Powerball||Jackpot||5 from 1-69 + 1 from 1-26||9:59 p.m.|
|Mega Millions||Jackpot||5 from 1-70 + 1 from 1-25||10:45 p.m.|
North Carolina Lottery Games Schedule
Bookmark this page to know at what type to check the North Carolina lottery results according to the schedule below and North Carolina local time:
|Pick 3 Daytime||3:00 p.m.||3:00 p.m.||3:00 p.m.||3:00 p.m.||3:00 p.m.||3:00 p.m.||3:00 p.m.|
|Pick 3 Evening||11:22 p.m.||11:22 p.m.||11:22 p.m.||11:22 p.m.||11:22 p.m.||11:22 p.m.||11:22 p.m.|
|Pick 4 Daytime||3:00 p.m.||3:00 p.m.||3:00 p.m.||3:00 p.m.||3:00 p.m.||3:00 p.m.||3:00 p.m.|
|Pick 4 Evening||11:22 p.m.||11:22 p.m.||11:22 p.m.||11:22 p.m.||11:22 p.m.||11:22 p.m.||11:22 p.m.|
|Cash 5||11:22 p.m.||11:22 p.m.||11:22 p.m.||11:22 p.m.||11:22 p.m.||11:22 p.m.||11:22 p.m.|
|Powerball||10:59 p.m.||10:59 p.m.|
|Mega Millions||11:00 p.m.||11:00 p.m.|
|Lucky for Life||11:45 p.m.||11:45 p.m.|
North Carolina Advanced Draws
Playing advanced draws or subscriptions can allow players to participate in several drawings with a single purchase. With that extra time in hand, all that is left for them to do is to come back to this page and check the latest North Carolina Lottery results. The maximum amount of draws in advance depends on the game, as specified below.
|Pick 3 Daytime||up to 7|
|Pick 3 Evening||up to 7|
|Pick 4 Daytime||up to 7|
|Pick 4 Evening||up to 7|
|Powerball||up to 26|
|Mega Millions||up to 26|
|Lucky for Life||up to 26|
|Cash 5||up to 28|
How to Buy Lottery Tickets in North Carolina?
Players can purchase tickets for the North Carolina lottery games at local retailers, online, or through the NC Lottery app. Whichever the choice, do not forget to bookmark this page to check the North Carolina Lottery results. In addition, it is also possible to play multi-state games using the lottery websites that we recommend.
How to Claim a Prize in North Carolina?
Claiming a prize in North Carolina depends on how the player prefers to claim it and the total amount for the winning ticket.
Prizes up to $600 or Free Plays
- You can claim your prize at local retailers.
- Otherwise, you can either claim at the NCEL Headquarters or at the regional claim centers.
- Claiming by mail is also possible, with the specific prize claim form for prizes of $599 or less here.
Prizes over $600 and up to $100,000
- Visit a regional claim center or go straight to the NCEL Headquarters to claim your prize. Make sure to take the claim form, a valid photo ID, the Social Security card, and the signed winning ticket.
- Send your claim via mail, aware that it should arrive before the completion of 180 calendar days of the drawing.
Prizes from $100,000
Big prizes must be claimed in person at the North Carolina Lottery headquarters. The winners can opt to receive the prizes via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), which also applies to annuity payments. In that case, players might take a voided check, a starter check, or a letter from the financial institution on letterhead, depending on the account type. Lump-sum payments are paid the same day, and the deposits usually arrive within 2-3 business days.
Winner Claim Forms and North Carolina Lottery Headquarters Mail Address
It is necessary to fill the North Carolina Lottery Winner Claim Form according to your prize. Choose either the claim form for prizes up to $600 or the claim form for prizes from $600 and forward it to the following address, in case you want to do it by mail:
PO Box 41606
Raleigh, NC 27629-1606
As a reminder, make sure to send the original winning ticket, a copy of a photo ID, and of your Social Security card via certified mail, together with the claim form. It should arrive there before completing 180 days from the drawing.
Lottery Headquarters and Regional Claim Centers
All the addresses work during the period of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
|Asheville Regional Office & Claim Center|
16-G Regent Park Blvd.
Asheville, NC 28806
Phone: +1 828-251-6223
|Greenville Regional Office & Claim Center|
2790 Dickinson Avenue, Suite A
Greenville, NC 27834
Phone: +1 252-756-7992
|NC Education Lottery Headquarters|
Raleigh Claim Center & Regional Office
2728 Capital Blvd.
Raleigh, NC 27604
Phone: +1 919-301-3637
|Charlotte Regional Office & Claim Center|
5029-A West W. T. Harris Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28269-1861
Phone: +1 704-523-4898
|Greensboro Regional Office & Claim Center|
20A Oak Branch Drive
Greensboro, NC 27407
Phone: +1 336-218-5724
|Wilmington Regional Office & Claim Center|
123 North Cardinal Extension Drive, Suite 140
Wilmington, NC 28405
Phone: +1 910-350-2000
Prizes Won Playing Online
In the case that you played on the lottery websites we recommend for multi-state games, the prize might be deposited into your account, or you might have to claim it in person. Simply read the rules of the online lottery you chose. On the other hand, players who played on the North Carolina online lottery follow different rules:
- Less than $600 in prizes are deposited to the online lottery account.
- Prizes from $600 and up to $100,000 should be claimed online.
- Prizes from $100,000 should be claimed online and claimed in person at the NCEL Headquarters. The notification to start the claim should arrive within 2-5 business days.
Lottery Tax Information in North Carolina
After figuring out you have won through our North Carolina Lottery results, it is important to realize how much of the prize goes to taxes. The explanation is simple, duly summarized in the tables below, and everybody starts paying taxes on prizes from $600.
Tax Withholdings on North Carolina Lottery – U.S. Citizens and Residents
|$600 – $5,000||State Tax||5.499%|
Tax Withholdings on North Carolina Lottery – Non-U.S. Citizens
|$600 – $5,000||State Tax||5.499%|
Lottery Rules in North Carolina
- Prizes from $100,000 can only be claimed in person at the Lottery Headquarters.
- There is a specific claim form for prizes under $600.
- Prizes from all games expire in 6 months.
- It is necessary to be 18 years old or older to play any of the North Carolina games.
- Winnings from $600 are already subject to state taxes.
- Only U.S. residents and citizens can play the exclusive North Carolina Lottery games.
- It is not possible to win and remain an anonymous winner in North Carolina, and players are announced publicly.
Top 5 Interesting North Carolina Winners Stories
- $188 Million – Marie Holmes won $188 million playing Powerball in 2015 at the age of 26 and working at five different jobs to support her children. Her plans involved helping religious organizations and charities too, but she apparently also purchased gifts for her ex-husband, who was married to her at that time. However, her ex-husband is suing her from prison, as she might have given those gifts to other people when they got divorced. So far, she continues to enjoy her winnings.
- $10 Million – Allen Borger had planned to purchase lottery tickets at a different store, but his low-fuel light came on, and he ended up purchasing his scratch-off ticket of $20 there. That change in his plans resulted in a $10,000,000 playing Colossal Cash instead of the lottery game he had planned and beat the odds of 1 in 2.83 million.
- $5 Million – Jonathan Bate stopped at the Maple Ave Family Fare for a coffee and asked for a scratch-off ticket but received another one by mistake. Fortunately, he received the wrong ticket and won $5 million on a totally different game, Fortune.
- $1 Million – Tyler Reece is another lucky winner in North Carolina who stopped on his way to work to purchase his lucky lottery ticket. The maintenance mechanic of Southern Pines scratched the $1 million prize and took home $600,000 after choosing the lump sum option.
- $100,000 – Janique Ebanks received a call telling her that she had won $100,000 in the Multiply the Cash Second-Chance drawing on April 7, 2021. She had to call them herself to verify the information, as she did not believe it at first. It was true, and she took home $70,750 after taxes.
FAQs About North Carolina Lotteries
Yes, the North Carolina Lottery has both an online platform and an app for players who prefer to purchase tickets that way. On the other hand, multi-state games are also available on the online lotteries that we recommend.
It is necessary to be at least 18 years old to purchase tickets or claim the prizes.
No, but the North Carolina Lottery will not reveal more than your name, the prize, and your city.
The revenue from ticket sales goes to support education throughout the state.
Winners can claim their prizes within up to 6 months from the draw.
The winning ticket is the only way to ensure that the winner will receive the payment. Therefore, losing it results in not being able to claim any prize.
On this same page, we automatically update North Carolina Lottery results after every draw.