Get updated jackpots alerts and news. The best source for worldwide lottery results online.
New Jersey (NJ) Lottery Results & Winning Numbers
Sunday, Feb 05, 2023
Mon, Feb 06, 2023USD 411,000
Thursday, Feb 02, 2023
Mon, Feb 06, 2023USD 5.9 Million
Saturday, Feb 04, 2023
Mon, Feb 06, 2023USD 747 Million
Friday, Feb 03, 2023
Tue, Feb 07, 2023USD 31 Million
Sunday, Feb 05, 2023
Mon, Feb 06, 2023USD 1,000 a day for life
All New Jersey Games Details
All the best New Jersey lottery games that count with results on our website are summarized below.
|GAME||PRIZE TYPE||GAME FORMAT||SALES STOP|
|Pick-3 Midday||Fixed Prize||3 from 0-9||12:53 p.m.|
|Pick-3 Evening||Fixed Prize||3 from 0-9||10:53 p.m.|
|Pick-4 Midday||Fixed Prize||4 from 0-9||12:53 p.m.|
|Pick-4 Evening||Fixed Prize||4 from 0-9||10:53 p.m.|
|Jersey Cash 5||Jackpot||5 from 1-43||10:53 p.m.|
|Pick-6||Jackpot||6 from 1-49||10:53 p.m.|
|Powerball||Jackpot||5 from 1-69 + 1 from 1-26||9:59 p.m.|
|Mega Millions||Jackpot||5 from 1-70 + 1 from 1-25||10:45 p.m.|
|Cash4Life||Fixed Prize||5 from 1-60 + 1 from 1-4||8:46 p.m.|
New Jersey Lottery Games Schedule
Bookmark this page to know at what type to check the New Jersey lottery results according to the schedule below and New Jersey local time:
|Pick-3 Midday||12:59 p.m.||12:59 p.m.||12:59 p.m.||12:59 p.m.||12:59 p.m.||12:59 p.m.||12:59 p.m.|
|Pick-3 Evening||10:57 p.m.||10:57 p.m.||10:57 p.m.||10:57 p.m.||10:57 p.m.||10:57 p.m.||10:57 p.m.|
|Pick-4 Midday||12:59 p.m.||12:59 p.m.||12:59 p.m.||12:59 p.m.||12:59 p.m.||12:59 p.m.||12:59 p.m.|
|Pick-4 Evening||10:57 p.m.||10:57 p.m.||10:57 p.m.||10:57 p.m.||10:57 p.m.||10:57 p.m.||10:57 p.m.|
|Jersey Cash 5||10:57 p.m.||10:57 p.m.||10:57 p.m.||10:57 p.m.||10:57 p.m.||10:57 p.m.||10:57 p.m.|
|Cash4Life||9:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.|
|Pick-6||10:57 p.m.||10:57 p.m.|
|Powerball||10:59 p.m.||10:59 p.m.||10:59 p.m.|
|Mega Millions||11:00 p.m.||11:00 p.m.|
New Jersey Advanced Draws
One single purchase can ensure participation in up to 7 or even 28 different draws, depending on the game. Advanced draws are available for any players of the New Jersey Lottery, but it is also possible to sign up for subscriptions on the online lotteries we recommend. Either way, do not forget to check the New Jersey Lottery results here.
|Pick-3 Midday||up to 7|
|Pick-3 Evening||up to 7|
|Pick-4 Midday||up to 7|
|Pick-4 Evening||up to 7|
|Powerball||up to 8|
|Mega Millions||up to 8|
|Jersey Cash 5||up to 21|
|Pick-6||up to 26|
|Cash4Life||up to 28|
How to Buy Lottery Tickets in New Jersey?
Players from 18 years old can purchase their tickets at licensed local retailers. As an alternative, multi-state games are available on the online lottery websites that we recommend.
How to Claim a Prize in New Jersey?
Playing and checking the latest New Jersey Lottery results might result in a pleasant surprise at some point. When that finally occurs, it is necessary to know how to claim a prize according to the total amount.
Prizes up to $599.50 or Free Plays
- You can claim your winning ticket up to $599.50 at any local retailer by signing and presenting it.
- Forward the signed ticket with a claim form to the Lottery Headquarters, although this is not as practical as the first option.
Prizes over $599.50
- Print the claim form available below or get it at the Lottery Headquarters or licensed retailers. Present it with identification and the signed winning ticket to claim in the headquarters.
- Forward the signed ticket with a claim form to the Lottery Headquarters and a valid photo ID.
- It is also possible to use dropbox during the timeframe between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on normal business days, instead of mailing them.
Prize Claim Form and New Jersey Lottery Headquarters Mail Address
It is necessary to fill the New Jersey Lottery Claim Form and forward it with the signed winning ticket and a photo ID to the following address, in case you want to do it by mail:
NEW JERSEY LOTTERY
P.O. Box 041
Trenton NJ 08625-0041
Keep in mind that all claims directed to the Lottery Headquarters might take up to 6 weeks to be processed due to the high demand.
Claim at NJ Lottery Headquarters – Appointments Only
It is necessary to call the number 1-800-222-0996 during normal business hours and days to schedule an appointment. The New Jersey Lottery Headquarters is the only place available to claim prizes above $599.50 in person.
|New Jersey Lottery Headquarters|
Lawrence Park Complex, 1333 Brunswick Ave. Circle,
Trenton, NJ 08648
Phone: +1 (609) 599-5800
Mondays through Fridays – 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Closed on Holidays)
Prizes Won Playing Online
By playing an online lottery using the websites that we recommend, players are subject to the individual claim rules of each agent. Some of them deposit the entire prize to the player’s account, while others require that prizes above $2,500 should be claimed in person. Read the rules before choosing the one that better suits your preferences.
Lottery Tax Information in New Jersey
Unlike other states, New Jersey only taxes lottery winnings from $10,000. Even so, it is important to be attentive to specific rules and to the federal taxes that apply to winnings above $600 or $5,000, as detailed below. In addition, really big prizes above $500,000 are subject to larger state taxes.
Tax Withholdings on New Jersey Lottery – U.S. Citizens and Residents
|$5,000 – $10,000||State Tax||0%|
|$10,000 – $500,000||State Tax||5%|
Tax Withholdings on New Jersey Lottery – Non-U.S. Citizens
Lottery Rules in New Jersey
- The 5 Card Cash game expired in 2020, and claims are no longer accepted
- Federal taxes are only applied to payments above $5,000. In the case of non-U.S. residents or citizens, that minimum amount lowers down to $600.
- Nothing but the winning ticket is necessary for claiming prizes up to $599.50 at local retailers.
- The state taxes raise from 5% to 8% for really big prizes, above a half-million dollars.
- Prizes from all games expire in 12 months.
- It is necessary to be 18 years old or older to play any of the New Jersey games.
- It might take up to six weeks to receive winnings claimed via mail.
- Only U.S. residents and citizens can play the exclusive New Jersey Lottery games.
- It is possible to win and remain an anonymous winner in New Jersey.
Top 3 Interesting New Jersey Winners Stories
- $533 Million – Richard Wahl, 47, won the lucky combination of numbers for the Mega Millions jackpot on March 30, 2018. He won $533 million after buying the ticket at a Lukoil gas station. It was only the second time in his life that he played Mega Millions, and at first thought, he had won $1 million, until he realized he had the Mega Ball, too. He and his wife hugged and cried for an entire night, now that their lives had changed with the cash option of $220.7 million.
- $429.6 Million – The Smith family, composed of one mother and seven adult children, were the winners of a $429.6 million Powerball jackpot on May 7, 2016. They could only explain it as divine intervention, and some of them decided to continue working. Cathy Smith, one of the daughters, said she would keep her monitoring program for young women running.
- $273 Million – Mike Weirsky is another lucky man from New Jersey who won a Mega Millions jackpot. He was 54 and unemployed. Together with the prize, he received a call for an interview, which he declined, and a threat of going to court with his ex-wife. His plans involved buying a new pickup and remodeling his mother’s house with the money from the drawing on March 1, 2019.
FAQs About New Jersey Lotteries
You cannot purchase tickets for the local games online, but the multi-state games like Powerball and Mega Millions, responsible for the multimillionaire prizes above, are available on the lottery websites that we recommend.
It is necessary to be at least 18 years old to purchase tickets or claim the prizes.
Yes, players may choose to remain anonymous if they want, although they must identify themselves upon claiming the prize.
Yes, it is possible to purchase tickets for several draws in advance and even sign up for subscriptions in multi-state games using the websites that we recommend.
Winners can claim their prizes within up to 12 months from the draw.
Damaged winning tickets can still be forwarded to the New Jersey Lottery, but there are no guarantees that their investigation will result positive for the winner.
On this same page, we automatically update New Jersey Lottery results after every draw.
Similar to other states, prizes up to $600 are immediately redeemable at local retailers. When you need to claim a check with bigger winnings, it may take up to 2-3 weeks to validate and forward your prize.