Get updated jackpots alerts and news. The best source for worldwide lottery results online.
Mississippi (MS) Lottery Results & Winning Numbers
Thursday, Nov 30, 2023
Sat, Dec 02, 2023USD 288,000
Wednesday, Nov 29, 2023
Sat, Dec 02, 2023USD 400 Million
Tuesday, Nov 28, 2023
Fri, Dec 01, 2023USD 355 Million
All Mississippi Games Details
All the best Mississippi lottery games that count with results on our website are summarized below.
|GAME||PRIZE TYPE||GAME FORMAT||SALES STOP|
|Cash 3 Midday||Fixed Prize||3 from 0-9||2:30 – 3:00 p.m.|
|Cash 3 Evening||Fixed Prize||3 from 0-9||09:30 – 10:00 p.m.|
|Cash 4 Midday||Fixed Prize||4 from 0-9||2:30 – 3:00 p.m.|
|Cash 4 Evening||Fixed Prize||4 from 0-9||09:30 – 10:00 p.m.|
|Match 5||Jackpot||5 from 1-35||9:15 – 10:00 p.m.|
|Powerball||Jackpot||5 from 1-69 + 1 from 1-26||8:59 p.m.|
|Mega Millions||Jackpot||5 from 1-70 + 1 from 1-25||9:45 p.m.|
Mississippi Lottery Games Schedule
|Cash 3 Midday||2:30 p.m.||2:30 p.m.||2:30 p.m.||2:30 p.m.||2:30 p.m.||2:30 p.m.||2:30 p.m.|
|Cash 3 Evening||9:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.|
|Cash 4 Midday||2:30 p.m.||2:30 p.m.||2:30 p.m.||2:30 p.m.||2:30 p.m.||2:30 p.m.||2:30 p.m.|
|Cash 4 Evening||9:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.|
|Match 5||9:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.|
|Powerball||9:59 p.m.||9:59 p.m.||9:59 p.m.|
|Mega Millions||10:00 p.m.||10:00 p.m.|
Mississippi Advanced Draws
Playing advanced draws allows players to save time and only check the Mississippi Lottery results now and then. Depending on the game, it may go from a whole week of draws or even up to 13 weeks. Also, players who opt for the online lottery websites we recommend can also sign up for subscriptions and never worry about purchasing anymore.
|Cash 3||up to 7|
|Cash 4||up to 7|
|Match 5||up to 24|
|Powerball||up to 24|
|Mega Millions||up to 26|
How to Buy Lottery Tickets in Mississippi?
The Mississippi Lottery allows players to purchase tickets at licensed lottery retailers, and that is the only way to participate in games like Cash 3 and Match 5. As for the multi-state games like Powerball, Mega Millions, and a couple of others, players can always choose the online lotteries we recommend and play online.
How to Claim a Prize in Mississippi?
At some point, players might check the Mississippi Lottery results on this page and realize they have won a small or big prize, perhaps even a jackpot. The size of the prize has an important influence on how it is claimed. Everything is summarized below.
Prizes up to $600 or Free Plays
Prizes that small can be claimed at local retailers. Although there is no reference to other forms of claiming small prizes, players can still present the signed winning ticket at the Mississippi Lottery Headquarters or even mail them. However, those are far from being efficient manners of claiming prizes up to $600.
Prizes From $600 and up to $99,999
- All claims of $600 or more can be claimed by mailing a proper photo ID with the Social Security number, with the signed ticket, and the winner’s claim form.
- Head to the Mississippi Lottery Headquarters to claim your prize.
Prizes From $100,000
All prizes from $100,000 can only be claimed in person at the Mississippi Lottery Headquarters. Take your signed winning ticket with you, together with proof of your SSN and a photo ID, plus the winner’s claim form.
Prizes Won Playing Online
Those who took our recommendation and played on one of the online lotteries have two alternatives. However, it is necessary to read the terms of each website and understand whether they deposit all prizes to the player’s account or if it is necessary to claim big prizes in person.
Winner’s Claim Form and Mississippi Lottery Headquarters
It is necessary to fill the Mississippi Lottery Winner’s Claim Form and post it to the following address, in case you want to do it by mail:
Mississippi Lottery Corporation,
P.O. Box 321462,
Flowood, MS, 39232
Keep in mind that mail claims are only available to prizes between $600 and $50,000. In the case you win more, call the Lottery Headquarters to schedule an appointment: 651-635-8273 or 888-568-8379.
Mississippi Lottery Headquarters Address
If you won anything over $99,999 or simply prefers to head to the Mississippi Lottery Headquarters in person, write down its complete address:
|Mississippi Lottery Corporation|
1080 River Oaks Drive
Flowood, MS 39232
Lottery Tax Information in Mississippi
The tax rules in Mississippi dictate that any winnings above $600 are subject to state taxes. As it happens in other states, winnings above $5,000 also have federal taxes withheld from the total prize, in addition to the state taxes, as summarized below.
Tax Withholdings on Mississippi Lottery – U.S. Citizens and Residents
Tax Withholdings on Mississippi Lottery – Non-U.S. Citizens
Lottery Rules in Mississippi
- Any winnings from $600 are taxed by the Mississippi state. However, the tax of 3% is one of the lowest in the United States lotteries.
- Winnings up to $99,999 can be claimed by mail. Otherwise, it is mandatory to claim them in person.
- Prizes from all games expire in 180 days.
- It is necessary to be 21 years old or older to play any of the Mississippi games.
- Winnings above $5,000 are subject to federal taxes as well. Non-U.S. residents start paying federal taxes from $600.
- Only U.S. residents and citizens can play the exclusive Mississippi Lottery games.
- It is possible to win and remain an anonymous winner in Mississippi if you want.
Top 3 Interesting Mississippi Winners Stories
- $1 Million – A player from Copiah County decided to remain anonymous after winning $1 million playing Mega Millions on January 20, 2021. That great prize is far from the jackpot, which at that time had rolled over to $970 million.
- $500,000 – One man from Nettleton was the first person to win $500,000 in the new scratch-off game named “$100 Million Extravaganza”. He won the big prize right after someone said he would not because that person had already got a prize that very moment.
- $55,000 – A total prize of $55,000 was given to a player from Brandon who purchased a Match 5 ticket to play the drawing on May 3, 2021. Although he took a picture with the check, not much is known about him, and even his name remained hidden.
FAQs About Mississippi Lotteries
The Mississippi Lottery does not allow the sale of online tickets for its local games. However, anyone can play multi-state games using one of the lottery websites we recommend as safe and reliable.
It is necessary to be at least 21 years old to purchase tickets or claim the prizes.
Yes. Players can decide not to reveal their names for safety or privacy in the entire state of Mississippi.
Yes, players can purchase tickets for up to 26 draws depending on the game of choice. For monthly subscriptions that automatically renew, do not forget to check the online lotteries recommended here.
Winners can claim their prizes within up to 6 months from the draw.
The Mississippi Lottery was only created in 2018. Up until 2028, anything up to $80 million goes towards infrastructure projects. After that period, the same amount goes to the Mississippi General Fund. Revenue over that specified amount will be used to support education.
On this same page, we automatically update Mississippi Lottery results after every draw.
The sales-stop time for each separate lottery game before the drawing is shown in a table on this page. Now, regarding the local retailers, it always depends on the stores’ own rules.