Get updated jackpots alerts and news. The best source for worldwide lottery results online.
Iowa (IA) Lottery Results & Winning Numbers
Monday, May 23, 2022
Mon, May 23, 2022USD 125 Million
Friday, May 20, 2022
Tue, May 24, 2022USD 143 Million
Monday, May 23, 2022
Tue, May 24, 2022USD 1,000 a day for life
Saturday, May 21, 2022
Wed, May 25, 2022USD 13.79 Million
All Iowa Games Details
All the best Iowa lottery games that count with results on our website are summarized below.
|GAME||PRIZE TYPE||GAME FORMAT||SALES STOP|
|Pick 3 Midday||Fixed Prize||3 from 0-9||12:00 p.m.|
|Pick 3 Evening||Fixed Prize||3 from 0-9||9:40 p.m.|
|Pick 4 Midday||Fixed Prize||4 from 0-9||12:00 p.m.|
|Pick 4 Evening||Fixed Prize||4 from 0-9||9:40 p.m.|
|Lucky for Life||Fixed Prize||5 from 1-48 + 1 from 1-18||8:30 p.m.|
|Lotto America||Jackpot||5 from 1-52 + 1 from 1-10||8:59 p.m.|
|Powerball||Jackpot||5 from 1-69 + 1 from 1-26||8:59 p.m.|
|Mega Millions||Jackpot||5 from 1-70 + 1 from 1-25||8:59 p.m.|
Iowa Lottery Games Schedule
Bookmark this page to know at what type to check the Iowa lottery results according to the schedule below and Iowa local time:
|Pick 3 Midday||12:20 p.m.||12:20 p.m.||12:20 p.m.||12:20 p.m.||12:20 p.m.||12:20 p.m.||12:20 p.m.|
|Pick 3 Evening||10:00 p.m.||10:00 p.m.||10:00 p.m.||10:00 p.m.||10:00 p.m.||10:00 p.m.||10:00 p.m.|
|Pick 4 Midday||12:20 p.m.||12:20 p.m.||12:20 p.m.||12:20 p.m.||12:20 p.m.||12:20 p.m.||12:20 p.m.|
|Pick 4 Evening||10:00 p.m.||10:00 p.m.||10:00 p.m.||10:00 p.m.||10:00 p.m.||10:00 p.m.||10:00 p.m.|
|Lucky for Life||9:38 p.m.||9:38 p.m.|
|Powerball||9:59 p.m.||9:59 p.m.|
|Mega Millions||10:00 p.m.||10:00 p.m.|
|Lotto America||10:00 p.m.||10:00 p.m.|
Iowa Advanced Draws
Advanced draws allow players to grant their participation in several drawings with one single purchase. Depending on the game, that might represent an entire month – like Powerball – or a bit more than a week – which is the case of games like Pick 3. Either way, purchasing those tickets for draws in advance leaves you with the sole responsibility of checking the Iowa Lottery results.
|Pick 3 Midday||up to 8|
|Pick 3 Evening||up to 8|
|Pick 4 Midday||up to 8|
|Pick 4 Evening||up to 8|
|Powerball||up to 10|
|Mega Millions||up to 10|
|Lotto America||up to 10|
|Lucky for Life||up to 10|
How to Buy Lottery Tickets in Iowa?
It is necessary to be 21 years or older to purchase tickets at local retailers in Iowa. For those whose intention is to play the multi-state and not the local games, it is also possible to register and play on the online lottery websites we recommend. That would also lower down the minimum legal age to 18 years old – for those who play from outside of Iowa.
How to Claim a Prize in Iowa?
The process of claiming a prize from the Iowa Lottery depends on the winner’s total prize. It is possible to choose how you prefer to claim it once you figure out you are a winner by checking the Iowa Lottery results.
Prizes up to $600 or Free Plays
- Claim at a local retailer.
- Schedule an appointment at a lottery office to claim your prize.
- For prizes up to $99, it is possible to mail the signed ticket to claim it. If you won anything from $100, you need to complete the Winner Claim Form and either the Federal Form W-9 (U.S. citizens) or W-8BEN (non-U.S. citizens).
Prizes above $600 and up to $249,999
- Claim the prize at one of the Iowa Lottery offices.
- To claim by mail, you need to complete the Winner Claim Form and either the Federal Form W-9 (U.S. citizens) or W-8BEN (non-U.S. citizens), plus send a copy of a valid government photo ID.
Prizes from $250,000
Prizes from $250,000 must be claimed in person at the Iowa Lottery Headquarters in Clive. For more information, players are required to call them at +1 515-725-7900.
How to Fill the Claim Form?
13001 University Ave
Clive IA 50325-8225
In case it is a Group Play, it is necessary to fill the IRS FORM 5754, mentioning all the winners.
Prizes from Online Lotteries
The Iowa Lottery does not offer the option to purchase tickets online. However, players who want to participate in the multi-state games can play on the online lottery websites we recommend. In that case, it might not even be necessary to claim them – they are added to your funds after the results – but it depends on the website you choose.
Iowa Lottery Claim Centers
Prizes above $600 can be claimed at the claim centers or the Iowa Lottery Headquarters. The latter is the only location available for prizes above $250,000. They are open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
|Iowa Lottery Headquarters|
13001 University Ave
Clive IA 50325-8225
Phone: +1 515-725-7900
|Mason City Regional Office|
2900 4th St SW
Mason City IA 50401-1531
Phone: +1 641-424-6011
|Cedar Rapids Regional Office|
2345 Blairs Ferry Rd NE
Cedar Rapids IA 52402-1918
Phone: +1 319-395-9313
|Storm Lake Regional Office|
822 Flindt Dr
Storm Lake IA 50588-3205
Phone: +1 712-732-6662
Lottery Tax Information in Iowa
The Iowa Lottery reports all the prizes above $600 and gives the winners the Federal Form W2-G specifying their prize and total taxes withheld. Anything from $600 is subject to state taxes, while prizes above $5,000 are subject to both state and federal taxes.
Tax Withholdings on Iowa Lottery – U.S. Citizens and Residents
Tax Withholdings on Iowa Lottery – Non-U.S. Citizens
Lottery Rules in Iowa
- Only Iowa residents can play the local games. There are other lottery websites for the multi-state games recommended on our pages.
- Players must be at least 21 years old.
- Winners have 90 days after the draw to claim their prizes from local games. Multi-state prizes can be claimed within 365 days,
- State taxes start to be applied at $600.
- Winners cannot remain anonymous in Iowa.
Top 3 Interesting Iowa Winners Stories
- $343.9 Million – The Powerball jackpot on October 27, 2018, went to Lerynne West, who claimed it at the lottery headquarters. She has lots of plans, including a new car, sharing her happiness with family and friends, and several vacations ahead. Her plans also involve helping charity, including her family’s foundation. Her prize was half the jackpot, which was shared with someone else.
- $2,000,021 – Anton Garrett played a couple of Powerball entries. When checking the results, he first noticed he had won $21, but then he got $2 million with another ticket. His numbers were all chosen, and he only missed the Powerball on the drawing of May 8, 2021.
- $50,000 – Since Powerball tickets last for 365 days in Iowa, someone claimed it close to a whole year since the drawing. Casey Langan was cleaning out his work car when he found the winning lottery ticket of $50,000, right before Christmas. The draw occurred on January 18, 2020.
FAQs About Iowa Lotteries
The online lottery websites we recommend allow players worldwide to purchase tickets for multi-state United States lottery games. However, the local Iowa games must be played at local retailers.
It is necessary to be at least 21 years old to purchase tickets or claim the prizes.
No, Iowa discloses the information on the winners, but you can try reaching a trust to represent you.
The income goes to funding supporting projects of the General Fund and Vision Iowa.
Winners can claim their prizes within up to 90 days from the draw. Multi-state games like Powerball and Mega Millions allow up to 365 days.
Regardless of the reason, losing the ticket implies losing the right to claim a prize. Make sure to sign your tickets to avoid that someone uses them.
On this same page, we automatically update Iowa Lottery results after every draw.