Get updated jackpots alerts and news. The best source for worldwide lottery results online.
Connecticut (CT) Lottery Results & Winning Numbers
Tuesday, Oct 19, 2021
Wed, Oct 20, 2021USD 100,000
Tuesday, Oct 19, 2021
Tue, Oct 19, 2021USD 1.7 Million
All Connecticut Games Details
All the best Connecticut lottery games that count with results on our website are summarized below.
|GAME||PRIZE TYPE||GAME FORMAT||SALES STOP|
|Play 3 Day||Fixed Prize||3 from 0-9||1:45 p.m.|
|Play 3 Night||Fixed Prize||3 from 0-9||10:15 p.m.|
|Play 4 Day||Fixed Prize||4 from 0-9||1:45 p.m.|
|Play 4 Night||Fixed Prize||4 from 0-9||10:15 p.m.|
|Cash5||Fixed Prize||5 from 1-35||10:20 p.m.|
|Lotto!||Jackpot||6 from 1-44||10:20 p.m.|
|Powerball||Jackpot||5 from 1-69 + 1 from 1-26||10:00 p.m.|
|Mega Millions||Jackpot||5 from 1-70+ 1 from 1-25||10:45 p.m.|
|Lucky for Life||Fixed Prize||5 from 1-48 + 1 from 1-18||9:30 p.m.|
Connecticut Lottery Games Schedule
Bookmark this page to know at what type to check the Connecticut lottery results according to the schedule below and the Connecticut local time:
|Play 3 Day||1:57 p.m.||1:57 p.m.||1:57 p.m.||1:57 p.m.||1:57 p.m.||1:57 p.m.||1:57 p.m.|
|Play 3 Night||10:29 p.m.||10:29 p.m.||10:29 p.m.||10:29 p.m.||10:29 p.m.||10:29 p.m.||10:29 p.m.|
|Play 4 Day||1:57 p.m.||1:57 p.m.||1:57 p.m.||1:57 p.m.||1:57 p.m.||1:57 p.m.||1:57 p.m.|
|Play 4 Night||10:29 p.m.||10:29 p.m.||10:29 p.m.||10:29 p.m.||10:29 p.m.||10:29 p.m.||10:29 p.m.|
|Cash 5||10:29 p.m.||10:29 p.m.||10:29 p.m.||10:29 p.m.||10:29 p.m.||10:29 p.m.||10:29 p.m.|
|Lotto!||10:38 p.m.||10:38 p.m.|
|Powerball||10:59 p.m.||10:59 p.m.|
|Mega Millions||11:00 p.m.||11:00 p.m.|
|Lucky for Life||10:38 p.m.||10:38 p.m.|
Connecticut Advanced Draws
Depending on the game, players can purchase tickets to participate in up to 26 draws at once. In addition, some of those lottery games are available on the lottery websites we recommend with discounts for subscriptions. Either way, all that players will have to do is to make sure to come back after the draws to check the Connecticut lottery results here.
|Play 3 Day||up to 7|
|Play 3 Night||up to 7|
|Play 4 Day||up to 7|
|Play 4 Night||up to 7|
|Cash 5||up to 26|
|Lotto!||up to 26|
|Powerball||up to 26|
|Mega Millions||up to 26|
|Lucky for Life||up to 26|
How to Buy Lottery Tickets in Connecticut?
In Connecticut, players can purchase tickets from local retailers at the minimum age of 18 years old. Different from local games like Play 3 and Lotto!, the multi-state games can also be played online through the websites we evaluated and recommended here.
How to Claim a Prize in Connecticut?
After checking the Connecticut Lottery results, you might find out you will receive one of the prizes. In that case, it is necessary to decide how you want to claim your winnings.
Keep in mind that all alternatives require the copy of two valid forms of identification that include:
- Driver’s license
- Social Security Card
- State ID
- Pistol permit
- Major Credit Card (with signature)
- Work ID
Prizes up to $599 or Free Plays
- First Alternative – Visit a local retailer and either play your free ticket or claim the prize up to $599.
- Second Alternative – Sign the back of your winning ticket, send two valid forms of a signed ID of yours – including one with a photo – and forward them to the Connecticut Lottery via mail.
Prizes between $600 and $5,000
- First Alternative – Claim at a Connecticut Lottery High-Tier Claim Center or at the Headquarters.
- Second Alternative – Claim through the drop-off feature available during business hours.
- Third Alternative – Post your winning ticket signed and filled on the back along with two valid forms of ID – at least one with a photo – and forward to the Connecticut Lottery.
Prizes between $5,001 and $49,999
- First Alternative – Claim in person at the CT Lottery Headquarters between 08:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday (closed on holidays).
- Second Alternative – Post your winning ticket signed and filled on the back along with two valid forms of ID – at least one with a photo – and forward to the Connecticut Lottery.
Prizes from $50,000
All winning tickets that represent prizes of $50,000 or more must be claimed in person at the Headquarters between 08:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Those who will post their winning tickets with valid copies of their IDs must forward them to the following address:
CT Lottery Claims Dept.
777 Brook Street
Rocky Hill, CT 06067
Prizes from Online Lotteries
Some players will not have to worry about claiming their prizes when they use the online lottery websites we recommend. Although not all of them transfer big winnings to players, some of them do. At least, the majority will allow players to receive up to $2,500 without the need to claim in person.
High-Tier Claim Centers
|CT Lottery Headquarters|
777 Brook Street,
Rocky Hill, CT 06067
Phone: +1 (860) 713-2700
Monday to Friday – 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Closed on Holidays)
|C&A Market Claim Center|
1088 Boston Post Road
West Haven, CT 06516
Phone: +1 (203) 932-4296
Monday to Saturday – 08:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Sunday – 08:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
|Sully’s Mobil Claim Center|
382 Vauxhall Street,
New London, CT 06320
Phone: +1 (860) 443-5938
Monday to Friday – 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Closed on Holidays)
Saturday – 12:00 p.m. – 8 p.m.
|DADA Grocery LLC Claim Center|
757 Meriden Road
Waterbury, CT 06705
Phone: +1 (203) 573-0029
Monday to Saturday – 08:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Sunday – 10:00 a.m. – 04:00 p.m.
|Crossroads Card & Gift Claim Center|
280 Connecticut Avenue,
Norwalk, CT 06854
Phone: +1 (203) 852-9671
Monday to Saturday – 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Sunday – 07:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Lottery Tax Information in Connecticut
Players who receive prizes from $600 are obliged to withhold state taxes, plus federal taxes if that value is above $5,000. Fortunately, it is easy to know how much you will have to pay with the summarized lottery tax information below. In case your winnings are below $5,000, count the state tax only.
Tax Withholdings on Connecticut Lottery – U.S. Citizens and Residents
Tax Withholdings on Connecticut Lottery – Non-U.S. Citizens
Lottery Rules in Connecticut
- The Lucky Links game had its last draw on June 30, 2020, and all its prizes already expired.
- Only players of at least 18 years old can play their lottery games.
- Winners have 180 days after the draw to claim their prizes.
- Winnings above $5,000 are subject to both state and federal taxes.
- Only U.S. residents and citizens can play in the Connecticut Lottery games.
Top 5 Interesting Connecticut Winners Stories
- $100,000 – From Suffield, Sally Barnett played the CT Lottery Cash5 game with the same numbers 5, 15, 17, 22, and 27 for years. She did not even check the live results and only realized she had won the next morning, on the November 6, 2019, draw. Her plans are quite unusual, including changing the windows of her house and gifting her children.
- $100,000 – Lisa Brey, from East Hartford, had been playing her birthday numbers on Cash5 for 10 years before she finally won $100,000 on December 14, 2019. She matched the top prize and finally received the prize she had been long waiting for. In 2018, she managed to get $4,650 in the same game. Now, she is finally retired.
- $60,000 – Sharita Stevenson played the Play4 lottery game on November 15, 2019, and received $60,000. In fact, she played the same combination for 12 draws until getting it right. She said she would purchase a new truck for her husband’s birthday and pay the bills.
- $50,007 – While many people advise not to play ordinary numbers like birthday dates, Christine Doyle decided otherwise and took home $50,007. She matched 4 numbers and the Powerball on January 25, 2020. Her husband only realized they had won playing the birthday numbers when he went out to purchase a Mega Millions ticket. He checked a total of three times, plus one more at home. Their prize went straight to the bank.
- $50,000 – Jeffrey Ward played the day version of Play 4 and took home ten prizes of $5,000. He saw a vehicle from another state with the number 2137, which is also his lucky lottery number. He decided that was a sign and purchased more tickets than he normally did. The result is that he received $50,000 in total on the December 30, 2019, drawing.
FAQs About Connecticut Lotteries
The state-owned lottery games in Connecticut can only be played at local retailers. Even so, you can play any of the multi-state games through the internet using the online lotteries we recommend.
It is necessary to be at least 18 years old to purchase tickets or claim the prizes.
The revenue with ticket sales goes to the General Fund of Connecticut, which redirects the money to all kinds of social contributions.
You are the only one responsible for your ticket. Therefore, sign it on the back so that no one can claim it instead of you. Playing on the online lottery websites we recommend can also guarantee that you will have the ticket at your disposal at any time.
Winners can claim their prizes within up to 180 days from the draw.
The games limited to local retailers cannot be purchased with credit cards, but the multi-state games can, through the online lotteries we recommend.
On this same page, we automatically update the Connecticut Lottery results after every draw.