You should not spend a single minute of your time on anything less than the best online lottery sites. That is why we have tested all the brands available for players all around the world, as well as some more exclusive ones.
The result is a table with seven outstanding websites with dozens of lottery games, fast payments, bonuses, and live support. In other words, all that you could want on a lottery site is to play safely and know that your money and winnings will be secured.
We present you our ranking followed by a complete summary of the best lottery sites for 2022:
The 7 Best Online Lottery Sites for 2022
- theLotter – Editor’s choice. The best online lottery site in 2022.
- LottoAgent – A great balance of quality and affordability.
- Jackpocket.com – The best choice to play legally in the US.
- Jackpot.com – Best-certified site in the industry.
- Lotto247 – Superb customer support and an excellent platform for beginners.
- WinTrillions– Excellent banking section with Bitcoin support.
- LottoSmile – Indian’s choice. A great choice for players from the South Asian and Indian markets.
- The 7 Best Online Lottery Sites for 2022
- How do We Rate the Best Lottery Sites
- How to Choose the Best Online Lottery for Yourself?
- How to Choose the Best Online Lottery Game to Play?
- Is Online Lottery Legal?
- Can I Play Online Lottery in My Country?
- The Best Lottery Sites by Countries
- How to Play on Online Lottery Sites?
- Are There Free Online Lottery Sites?
- Where Can You Find Cheap Lottery Tickets?
- The Best Lottery Bonuses, Promotions & Campaigns
- Which Lottery Has the Best Odds of Winning?
- The Best Online Lottery Payouts
- Can You Play Online Lottery from Your Mobile?
- Payment Methods for Deposit & Withdrawal on Lottery Sites
- The Biggest Online Lottery Winners
- The Best Lottery Strategy Tips
Our choice to lead the ranking of the best online lottery sites has a reputable history, the best selection of games in the market, and proof of millionaire prizes paid to real users. If you want to purchase real lottery tickets from several countries in the world, theLotter should be your choice!
- For Players: who want the best selection of online lottery games.
- Players Winnings: $100 Million+
- Bonuses & Promotions: Discounts up to 25%, VIP Program, and special offers.
- Ticket Prices: Average for a lottery agent.
- Popular Lottery Games: Powerball, Mega Millions, and Euromillions.
- License: Malta Gaming Authority
- Started From: 2002
- Payment Methods: VISA, Mastercard, Skrill, Neteller, Trustly, Paysafecard, Sofort, GiroPay, EPS, Bancontact, RapidTransfer, PSE, Bank Transfer.
- Platforms: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS.
- Languages: English, Russian, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Polish, Romanian, Hungarian, Thai, Finnish
LottoAgent does offer its services as a lottery agent, but it can also be used to bet on the results instead. Although its payment methods are not as vast as on other lottery sites, it has already paid an incredible amount to users and offers a great online experience to users!
- For Players: who want a lottery agent and betting service in one place.
- Players Winnings: $103 Million+
- Bonuses & Promotions: Buy one ticket, get another for free!
- Ticket Prices: Above average for a lottery agent, high for a betting site.
- Popular Lottery Games: SuperEnalotto, Powerball Australia.
- License: Curaçao
- Started From: 2012
- Payment Methods: VISA, Mastercard, Maestro, Skrill, Neteller, Trustly, WebMoney, SticPay, Bank Transfer.
- Platforms: Windows, Mac, Android
Jackpocket is the only available option not maintained by a US state to offer legit online lottery tickets. You can only play the local games available in your state, and that can be done via the Jackpocket app available for Android devices. At the moment, it is definitely the best pick in all the US.
- For Players: who want a safe and legit app to play in the United States.
- Players Winnings: Unknown
- Bonuses & Promotions: Invite active players and get $10!
- Ticket Prices: Quite affordable for a lottery agent.
- Popular Lottery Games: Powerball, Mega Millions, Cash4Life.
- License: Individual licenses issued by states in the US.
- Started From: 2015
- Payment Methods: ApplePay, eCheck, Play+, PayPal, VISA, Mastercard, Discover, Bank Transfer.
- Platforms: Windows, Mac, Android
Jackpot.com is a lottery betting site that shares its focus with other types of games. It has a reasonable range of payment methods, depending on where you live, but the bonuses and promotions are not a huge thing. After all, it already offers low prices compared to lottery agents.
- For Players: who want access to less known lotteries and other games.
- Players Winnings: Not informed
- Bonuses & Promotions: Save 10% with subscriptions.
- Ticket Prices: Average price for a betting site.
- Popular Lottery Games: St. Patrick’s Lotto, JackpotMillions, Eurojackpot.
- License: Malta Gaming Authority
- Started From: 2016
- Payment Methods: VISA, Maestro, Mastercard, Neteller, Skrill, EPS, Euteller, Fast Bank Transfer, MuchBetter, NeoSurf, Net Banking, Paypal, Paysafecard, Safetypay, Sofort, Trustly, UPI, Webmoney.
- Platforms: Windows, Mac
You might as well choose Lotto247 if you want a website that truly invests in bonuses. From the first deposit, you get a 50% welcome bonus up to $200, and there are plenty of payment methods to do so. The offer of games is not as broad as on other lottery sites, but you can still get the best lottery games available.
- For Players: who want a fluid user experience and a welcome bonus.
- Players Winnings: $3.3 Million+
- Bonuses & Promotions: 50% Welcome Bonus, Cashback, and Freebies.
- Ticket Prices: Average price for a betting site.
- Popular Lottery Games: Powerball, Euromillions, Cash4Life, SuperEnaMax.
- License: Central Government of Curacao
- Started From: 2017
- Payment Methods: VISA, Mastercard, Skrill, Neteller, MuchBetter, Astropay, Cryptocurrencies, Jeton, Webmoney, Sofort-Pay, EPS, Webpay, Multibanco, Bank Transfer.
- Platforms: Windows, Mac
- Languages: English, Hindi, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian, and French.
Our review of WinTrillions showed that the website still has some user experience issues that could be fixed. Still, it has 15 years of history and continues in the game. At the moment, the most tempting offer is the possibility of multiplying even huge millionaire jackpots by purchasing a prize boost.
- For Players: who want prizes higher than those announced by the lotteries.
- Players Winnings: No information.
- Bonuses & Promotions: Prize boost.
- Ticket Prices: High for a betting site.
- Popular Lottery Games: Mega Millions, Powerball Australia, Mega-Sena.
- License: Curaçao
- Started From: 2007
- Payment Methods: Lack of information.
- Platforms: Windows, Mac
LottoSmile has the exact same pros of playing on theLotter, except that it is a website meant for Indian players. As an exception, the payment methods tend to be reduced because that country already has a short range of deposit and withdrawal methods. At the moment, it is the best option for Indians, regardless of its position in the ranking.
- For Players: in India who want a safe website to play online lotteries.
- Players Winnings: $103 Million+
- Bonuses & Promotions: Discounts up to 25%, VIP Program, and special offers.
- Ticket Prices: Average for a lottery agent.
- Popular Lottery Games: Mega Millions, Eurojackpot, Euromillions.
- License: Malta Gaming Authority
- Started From: 2002
- Payment Methods: VISA, Mastercard, and Bank Transfer.
- Platforms: Windows, Mac
- Languages: English
How do We Rate the Best Lottery Sites
If you are more of an inquiring and curious reader wondering how we ranked the best lottery sites, we understand. That is why we listed our parameters and how we ranked the websites accordingly.
Range of Games
It should be obvious that the more games a lottery has, the better. Aside from being able to play up to dozens of different games with different odds and prizes, you can find the one that perfectly matches your needs. For example, if a lottery site is limited to big games like Powerball and Mega Millions, even though they are great, you would be limited to games with very hard odds.
On the other hand, if you can get access to many games, you can find easier games or include lotteries in which you match four, five, or six numbers in the same purchase. That is why the range of games is important when we rank the best online lottery sites. If there are at least 10 games, it can be considered a good lottery site, but it takes diversity to be in our top choices.
Bonuses & Promotions
Another great advantage of playing the lottery online is being able to receive discounts and bonuses just for signing up. Quality websites truly want to attract you to their service, and that is when you can guarantee anything from 5% to 50% in discounts from the full price of tickets. Some of the best types of promotions you will find on the recommended lottery sites include:
- Bundles that unite different lottery games
- Welcome bonuses that add up to your money balance.
- Cashback from your lottery net losses.
- Discounts for subscriptions or on specific games.
The websites that show us that they offer a combination of great deals and reasonable terms and conditions for their use deserve a spot in our top rank.
Security and Reputation
Safety is a must when we consider transferring money and paying for digital lottery tickets. Just like us, you want to have access to an original and valid ticket and to be able to claim your prize in full. Our method of review starts with this metric for obvious reasons, and it involves investigating a couple of criteria:
- Valid license that allows the online operation.
- Existing SSL certificate to encrypt users’ data.
- Secured payment platform.
- Efficient support in English.
In addition to proving to be a safe website, reputation and user feedback is a must to be on our list of the best online lottery sites. That is why you will not find a recent website that no one knows about. Most of them have a decade or more of existence, and we try the websites or lottery apps in full ourselves before recommending them.
Satisfied with the level of security granted to payments, we screen the methods with which you can deposit money and withdraw lottery winnings after you play the lottery online and win. Both the diversity and quality of the payment methods matter in our evaluation, and we tend to consider the variations that normally occur depending on where you live.
Some of the top alternatives when it comes to depositing and withdrawing funds from online lottery websites include:
- Bank transfers
- Credit cards
- Debit cards
- E-wallets – Skrill, Neteller, etc.
Also connected with payments, minimum and maximum values applied to deposits and withdrawals are relevant for our ranking. After all, deposits should be affordable for all users, and withdrawals should not hinder them from getting their payment. Regarding that last characteristic, the total time taken for processing payments is equally important.
Customer support is a parameter that is easily linked to security because that is how players will need to solve any possible issues with payments or money. The more readily available and easy to access the support is, the better the trust grade we can accredit a lottery website.
In order to completely satisfy this parameter in our evaluation and be on the list of the best lottery sites, the website needs to offer an instant support channel. It should preferably be a live chat, available 24 hours a day – especially with users from around the globe – and answers cannot take too long.
An email is equally necessary, as not everybody has the time or will to discuss matters or questions live. The presence of an international telephone number or support on social media can be a plus, but both chat and email constitute our support requirements.
Design & Usability
Whether on the browser or using the Android or iOS app, it should be easy to navigate and find what you are looking for. We truly tested the websites that became part of our list of the best online lottery sites like a real user, including all the necessary steps to play:
- Signing up and how quick the registration process is.
- Depositing and having the money ready to be used.
- Choosing numbers and adding play slips to the cart.
- Checking out the full cart and adding more money if necessary.
- Opening the support channels.
- Claiming the prize if we are lucky enough.
For everything to run as smoothly as possible, design and optimization are extremely important. From that characteristic, we can determine how ready a website is to receive customers. Of course, our own experience will not cover all the possible outcomes when using one of the best lottery sites, and that is why we also read their terms and conditions thoroughly.
How to Choose the Best Online Lottery for Yourself?
Now that it is clear and transparent that our review process guarantees a safe and quality experience in all the recommended lottery sites, you might not know which one to choose. Therefore, we would like to highlight some particularities that will lead you to at least one favorite site among all the best online lottery websites.
Each one of the best online lottery sites has absolute power to determine the allowed countries and the respective payment methods made available. As long as they follow the rules of their licensor and regulator, they can determine:
- Deposit and withdrawal methods
- Minimum value
- Withdrawal limits
- Payment processing time and a lot more.
Those are the same terms that can help you sort out the best online lottery site from our list of trusted brands. In order to give you some extra help in that decision, let us summarize their payment-related highlights:
|Top Lottery Site||Payment Methods||Withdrawal Limits? *Jackpots not included*||Jackpot Processing Time|
|theLotter||VISA, Mastercard, Skrill, Neteller, Trustly, Paysafecard, Sofort, GiroPay, EPS, Bancontact, RapidTransfer, PSE, Bank Transfer.||Up to $50,000||Necessary to claim jackpots in person.|
|LottoAgent||VISA, Mastercard, Maestro, Skrill, Neteller, Trustly, WebMoney, SticPay, Bank Transfer.||Up to $100,000||1-3 days|
|Jackpocket||ApplePay, eCheck, Play+, PayPal, VISA, Mastercard, Discover, Bank Transfer.||Only small prizes. Bigger prizes require in-person claims.||Necessary to claim jackpots in person.|
|Jackpot.com||VISA, Maestro, Mastercard, Neteller, Skrill, EPS, Euteller, Fast Bank Transfer, MuchBetter, NeoSurf, Net Banking, Paypal, Paysafecard, Safetypay, Sofort, Trustly, UPI, Webmoney.||Up to €1,000. It reserves the right to pay prizes from MUSL in 30 annuities.||1-3 days|
|Lotto247||VISA, Mastercard, Skrill, Neteller, MuchBetter, Astropay, Cryptocurrencies, Jeton, Webmoney, Sofort-Pay, EPS, Webpay, Multibanco, Bank Transfer.||Up to €55,000||Up to 72 hours|
|WinTrillions||It does not provide information on the available payment methods.||Up to €4,000 and charges unspecified fees.||Up to 72 hours|
|LottoSmile||VISA, Mastercard, and Bank Transfer.||Up to $50,000||Necessary to claim jackpots in person.|
Although some of the best online lottery sites offer several payment methods, it should be highlighted that the offer varies according to each country. LottoSmile India, for example, has only three methods available, but that is also the case with other websites regarding the same country. Take that into account and check the reviews if you need more information.
Lottery Agents Vs Lottery Betting Sites
Some of the top 7 lottery sites are lottery agents, others are betting sites, and there is a special case of websites that work as both. It is essential to know their main differences and avoid surprises, as well as take advantage of the specific benefits of each category.
|Lottery Agents||Lottery Betting Sites||Available in Both|
|The staff purchases real tickets on your behalf.||You do not play the real lottery, but bet on its results.||Can be played online.|
|Pays low prizes but requires in-person claiming for the jackpot.||No need to travel and claim the jackpot.||Pay the same jackpot.|
|Costs more because you pay for the ticket price + service fees.||Might cost less as there is no courier service involved.||Easy to pay for the tickets.|
|Offer more discounts.||Offer more crazy promotions like “Double the Jackpot”.||Promotions/discounts that you would never get at a local retailer.|
Your Favorite Games
None of the aforementioned features and characteristics will be useful if you cannot find the lotteries that you want to play. Some websites have dozens of games from all around the world; others will only have the best US lotteries and some other popular games, like Euromillions. In order to choose the best online lottery for you, it is important to check if your favorite games are there.
|Reviewed Lottery Site||Number of Lotteries||Additional Games|
|theLotter||60||Scratchcards and Raffles|
|LottoAgent||30+||Scratchcards and Raffles|
|Jackpocket||40 – varies for each state.||None|
|WinTrillions||20+||Bingo and Raffles|
It is clear, from that table above, that our review of the best online lottery sites takes into account the number and quality of the games. LottoSmile is an exception, as it is meant for Indian players, and its ranking is due to that limitation instead of its quality, which is equal to theLotter’s.
How to Choose the Best Online Lottery Game to Play?
Having so many games available on the best lottery sites can make it really difficult to decide how to play. After all, the more tickets you purchase to a game, the better your chances, and you might not be willing to dilute it by purchasing a single ticket from every game.
We know exactly how you feel. After all, we are all players like you, and every game seems like a great opportunity. To help you out, we listed the characteristics that you can compare and choose your favorite games as we do.
Instant Win or Draw Games
The first step is to decide between playing instant-win games or those that require you to wait for drawings at a specific time. Anxiety and no patience are not common reasons these days when there are so many great games with daily drawings – such as Cash4Life. Still, they are not instant, and you might want to check the best lottery sites with scratchcards, Keno games, and bingo for that.
While there are no specific lottery games that are instant when you purchase online, there are excellent add-ons, such as the EZ Match, in many games in the US. Those are available for US residents in states where the online lottery is legal. If that is your case, you will find them on the Jackpocket app.
Odds of Winning
The several games at your disposal have different odds when it comes to winning the prizes. That applies not only to the jackpot prizes but also to secondary prizes up to the small ones that result in your ticket payback. Fortunately, you have access to that information under the “Prizes and Odds” table in all our lottery results pages, including the overall odds.
If you do not mind having to accept odds that require a lot of luck in exchange for bigger prizes, you will have great challenges with prizes up to hundreds of millions of dollars. On the other hand, there are simple games like Pick 3 – Connecticut Play 3 is an example – with odds of 1 in 1,000 to win up to $500. Therefore, it is a matter of priority.
The Amount of Jackpot & Prize Tiers
Together with the odds, consider the prize tiers and how much you can win before choosing a game to play. Some games have a limited jackpot, like EuroJackpot and its €90 Million rollover cap. So, let’s say you want to play it with a big lottery syndicate of 200 people. You need to be aware that there will be a maximum prize you are eligible for.
Is Online Lottery Legal?
Online lotteries are legal in some countries, forbidden in others, and there are cases in which they sit in a gray zone with no clear restrictions. It is especially important to be truly aware of what your local legislation says about it and to check our worldwide legit lottery playing guide.
Is Online Lottery Legal in the USA?
Yes, some states do allow you to play the online lottery in the United States. However, it is only possible to play multi-state US games and other lotteries from the state you are in. For example, you will find specific theLotter pages with some games from Texas and Oregon, exclusive to players from those states.
Fortunately, many states can also count on the Jackpocket app to play anything from simple Pick 3 games to Lucky for Life.
Is Online Lottery Legal in the UK?
Yes, because there is specific regulation for all forms of online gambling demanding that the websites must be covered by the license issued by the UKGC – United Kingdom Gambling Commission. As long as there is an active license, that website can be used by players interested in playing the United Kingdom lotteries.
Legislation of Other Countries
Online gambling is currently legal in some states of the US, some Canadian provinces, several European countries, and nations in the Caribbean. It is also possible to play it in countries with no clear regulation on online lotteries, which includes no prohibition, like Brazil and some provinces in India.
We are always looking for fresh information on the legality of online lotteries, but all players are recommended to revise their local legislation prior to playing.
Can I Play Online Lottery in My Country?
From the list of best lottery sites that we gathered and reviewed, you can choose whichever website you want. We provide their full list of restrictions on their reviews and in the list below, but you might as well just open the official link and register. If your country does not allow you to play on that website or vice versa, you will not be capable of completing the registration.
|theLotter||Afghanistan, Australia, Bulgaria, Canada, Cuba, Czech Republic, France, Greece, Israel, Iran, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Poland, Sudan, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Switzerland, Syria, Turkey, United States, Venezuela, and Yemen.||Some US states: Texas, Oregon and Minnesota|
|LottoAgent||Afghanistan, Aruba, Australia, Belgium, Belize, Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba, Canada, Curaçao, Cyprus, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Denmark, France, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Israel, Italy, Malta, Myanmar, Netherlands, Portugal, Saint Martin (French part), Somalia, Spain, Sudan, Switzerland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States Minor Outlying Islands, United States of America, Virgin Islands (U.S.), and Yemen.||No.|
|Jackpocket||Any country other than the United States.||No.|
|Jackpot.com||Afghanistan, Albania, American Samoa, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Botswana, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, French Guiana, French Polynesia, French Southern Territories, Ghana, Greece, Greenland, Guadeloupe, Guam, Hong Kong, Iceland, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Korea Democratic People Republic, Lithuania, Malaysia, Martinique, Mauritius, Mongolia, Myanmar, New Caledonia, Nicaragua, Northern Mariana Islands, Pakistan, Palestinian Territory, Panama, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Reunion, Romania, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Sudan, Spain, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Turkey, Uganda, United States, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Virgin Islands U.S., Yemen, and Zimbabwe.||No.|
|Lotto247||Afghanistan, American Samoa, Australia, Curaçao, Czech Republic, France, French Guiana, French Southern Lands, Guam, Hungary, Kosovo, Libya, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, Niger, North Korea, Pakistan, Puerto Rico, Reunion, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sao Tome and Principe, Sint Maarten, South Africa, Spain, Suriname, United States of America, US Minor outlying islands, US Virgin Islands, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna Islands, Afghanistan, Libya, American Samoa, Iraq, French Guiana, French Southern & Antarctic Lands, Réunion, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, São Tomé and Príncipe, Suriname, Vanuatu, and Wallis and Futuna.||No.|
|WinTrillions||Afghanistan, Australia, Belgium, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Denmark, Ethiopia, France, Great Britain, Greece, Greenland, Iraq, Ireland, Italy, Korea, Democratic Republic of (North Korea), Laos, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Syria, Netherlands, Uganda, United States of America (USA), Uruguay, Vanuatu, and Yemen.||No.|
|LottoSmile||Countries other than India are redirected to theLotter or the general LottoSmile website with the same restrictions.||No.|
If your country is not eligible for any of the best online lottery sites, you will be restricted to the local games in your country at local retailers or find the government website for lotteries. Alternatively, you can still play any lottery when you travel. Just keep in mind that you will need to claim locally.
The Best Lottery Sites by Countries
Do you want a straightforward recommendation of the best lottery site for your country? We elected the ideal choice from a general perspective for our readers.
How to Play on Online Lottery Sites?
- Choose one of the recommended online lottery sites according to your country. You will be redirected to the page where you will find the Sign-Up button.
- Some websites will require more details from the beginning, while others might only request personal details before the deposit. Either way, your data is safe with SSL encryption on any of our recommendations.
- It is your call to deposit first or to start choosing your numbers right away and check out the exact price you will pay. Consider there are discounts and bonuses involved.
- After choosing a game, such as SuperEnalotto in the example above, you can pick your numbers or let the system decide using Quick Picks.
- The process ends with your checkout after adding as many tickets from the games you prefer. That is all that needs to be done, and you just saved a lot of time and effort!
Rules for Playing Online Lotteries
- The minimum age to register and play on an online lottery site is 18 years old. However, your local legislation and that of the lottery game you chose will overcome that rule if the minimum age is higher.
- You cannot use VPN or any other method to play from a restricted country.
- Only use payment methods in your name to deposit money and withdraw your winnings.
- Agree to let the online lottery site verify your identity at any given time.
- Accept the terms and conditions specifically determined by the chosen website.
Easy Signing Up by Steps
- Choose one of the listed online lottery websites that we recommend.
- Click the “Sign Up” button.
- Fill the form with whichever details it demands.
- Confirm that your data is accurate and confirm.
- Find the confirmation email or SMS and approve the registration.
How to Pick a Lottery Ticket to Buy?
- After you register on one of the best online lottery sites, go to the Lotteries section there.
- Choose one game to begin.
- You need to fill at least one line by choosing the numbers. Some websites will demand a minimum number of lines, and you will not be able to reduce that number.
- If you are not willing to choose the numbers yourself, activate the Easy Pick or Quick Pick button, and you are all set.
- Add the tickets to your cart when you are done.
How to Buy Lottery Tickets?
- As soon as you are satisfied with the tickets in your cart, you can checkout.
- Before paying, consider any discounts for subscriptions or syndicates. They can be useful in expanding your possibilities.
- Choose the checkout button and a payment method to go ahead. If you have already deposited, you will use your funds.
- Pay for the tickets with your preferred method and wait for the payment confirmation.
How to Check Lottery Results?
- Open our “World Lotteries” link on the top menu.
- Navigate according to the region: USA, Europe, Middle East, Africa, the Americas, Asia, or the most popular Multi/National lotteries.
- Pick a game or choose a state or province to find it.
- Open the page, where you will find the latest drawing results.
- Alternatively, you can use our LotteryTexts app.
Most of the websites that we recommend do offer lottery syndicates in a way that you preserve your anonymity while improving your odds of winning. They are created in groups of tens or hundreds of players, which multiplies your chances by the same number. Although the prize is shared, you will have a better opportunity of becoming the next winner. Other than that, and except that you do not choose any numbers, the procedure is exactly the same.
Nothing changes in the way you play on the best lottery sites if you choose a lottery betting site, except that you will not be playing the real lottery game. Your bet will result in the same prizes if you are lucky to guess the outcome. Among the best lottery sites, you can choose LottoAgent and Jackpot.com to bet on lottery drawings.
Are There Free Online Lottery Sites?
Free lotteries attract the attention of many players, but they are far from being advantageous. Aside from the really low odds, most of them offer prizes that are really low and perhaps not worth your time. We listed the most popular ones below, but we recommend playing real lotteries using the websites mentioned above.
- PickMyPostCode – Free giveaway lottery available in the UK that gives a really small prize based on the drawing of random postcode numbers.
- EuroMillions Free Lottery – Daily £500 prizes and a weekly £10,000 prize available for UK residents only.
- Winloot – Sweepstake available in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa with prizes from $100 to $250.
- Rewardit – $10,000,000 sweepstakes for legal residents of Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, United States, and South Africa.
Where Can You Find Cheap Lottery Tickets?
The less you pay for a ticket, the more you can buy. Therefore, choosing the best online lottery site with great prices is the right thing to do. We selected the 10 most popular lotteries to play online and identified their price on the recommended sites. Keep in mind that you should consider the different characteristics between lottery agents and betting sites.
|Price per line|
|Lotteries||Original Price||theLotter / LottoSmile||LottoAgent||Jackpocket||Jackpot.com||Lotto247||WinTrillions|
|Lucky for Life||$2||*||*||$2||*||*||*|
(*) – Not available.
The Best Lottery Bonuses, Promotions & Campaigns
All the best online lottery sites have at least one type of offer to attract more players. Some of them will offer bonuses on top of your first deposit, while others apply discounts on multiple purchases. Either way, you will never be restricted to a single option and can calculate which one offers the best outcome, considering the offers detailed below.
The welcome bonus is a common practice when it comes to online gambling, and at least two of the top lottery sites have a current offer. You have the chance of getting some extra chances in your first deposit and purchase, so make sure not to forget about it.
|Lottery Site||Welcome Bonus||Requirements|
|Lotto247||50% deposit bonus||Deposit between €8 and €200.|
|LottoAgent||Buy one, get one free||Buy a ticket in a participating game and receive another one.|
Promotional codes are becoming obsolete because of the optimization of the user experience on the best lottery sites. Players can now activate promotions with a single click. Even so, some websites like LottoAgent send exclusive promotional offers personalized to their customers.
Giveaways and Freebies
Every lottery player loves to receive things for free. After registering on the websites that we recommend, you become automatically eligible for giveaways. At the moment, theLotter and LottoAgent give free tickets to subscriptions, on the 7th and 10th, respectively. On the other hand, you can register at Lotto247 and wait for your random freebies via email.
The special offers are present in both lottery agents and lottery betting sites. All that you need to do is to choose a game of your preference, and there will be at least one special offer available. For example, most of the best lottery sites have discounts for bulk purchases of lottery lines (tickets).
We have selected the best special offers for each one of the websites that we have tested and approved:
|Lottery Website||Best Special Offer|
|theLotter||25% off purchasing Multiple Draws.|
|LottoAgent||Receive $5 to refer a friend who plays.|
|Jackpocket||Get $10 for every friend who funds the account – they get $2 each.|
|Jackpot.com||20% off Euromillions subscriptions.|
|Lotto247||Up to 20% in cashback.|
|WinTrillions||Save 20% on Cash4Life.|
|LottoSmile||25% off purchasing Multiple Draws.|
Which Lottery Has the Best Odds of Winning?
You have decided that your purchase will be based on the odds of winning. That is a great place to start, and it can help you define your online lottery strategies. To help you out, we have listed popular international lottery games with reasonable prizes and good odds:
|Popular Lottery Game||Odds of Winning||Starting Jackpot||Play Now!|
|Mexico Chispazo||1 in 98,280||$500||theLotter|
|Japan Mini Loto||1 in 169,911||$105,000||theLotter|
|Texas Cash Five||1 in 324,632||$25,000||Jackpocket|
|South Africa Daily Lotto||1 in 376,992||$6,700||LottoAgent|
|Kazakhstan 5/36||1 in 376,992||$7,000||theLotter|
|Poland Mini Lotto||1 in 850,668||€90,000 (varies)||theLotter|
|Ukraine Loto Maxima||1 in 1,221,759||$1,800||theLotter|
|Texas Two Step||1 in 1,832,600||$200,000||Jackpocket|
|Mexico Melate Retro||1 in 3,262,623||$250,000||theLotter|
|Peru Kábala||1 in 3,838,380||US$40,000||theLotter|
|Japan Loto 6||1 in 6,096,454||$1,800,000||theLotter|
|Australia Monday & Wednesday Lotto||1 in 8,145,060||AU$1,000,000||LottoAgent|
|Hatoslotto||1 in 8,145,060||$190,000||theLotter|
|Spain El Gordo La Primitiva||1 in 31,625,100||€5,000,000||theLotter|
Therefore, considering the best balance between odds and prizes, Japan Loto 6, Japan Mini Loto, and Poland Mini Lotto are the right games for you.
The Best Online Lottery Payouts
Now, if you are looking for online lottery games that have huge payouts, you will need a different strategy. According to the starting jackpot, we elaborated a table with the ones you should look for on the best lottery sites. We also separated them according to the type of prize, as some games offer annuities instead.
|Popular Lottery Game||Starting Jackpot||2nd Prize Average||Play Now!|
|Mega Millions||$20 million||$1,000,000||theLotter|
|El Gordo (*)||€4 million||€1,250,000||theLotter|
(*) Once per year.
All the games with big jackpots listed above leave you the option of receiving annuities for around 30 years instead of a lump-sum payment. That option is the only one that truly reaches the announced prize. On the other hand, you may go ahead and play lotteries that focus on annuity prizes like a passive income for the rest of your life:
|Popular Lottery Game||Annuity Prize||Length||Play Now!|
|Cash4Life||$365,000/year||For life or 20 years||WinTrillions|
|Lucky for Life||$365,000/year||For life or 20 years||theLotter|
|UK Set for Life||£120,000/year||30 years||Only Local|
|Australia Set for Life||AU$240,000/year||20 years||Only Local|
|Oregon Win for Life||$48,000/year||For life or at least 5 years||Jackpocket|
Can You Play Online Lottery from Your Mobile?
Yes, all the best online lottery sites are completely responsive in 2022, meaning that you can play using your favorite mobile device. With the exception of Jackpocket, which can only be played via the Android app, you can access them all via your browser. It is quite easy to understand how to play them on your mobile:
- theLotter – It offers an Android and an iOS app with full access to all lotteries, payments, prize claims, resources, and bonuses.
Source: theLotter app
- LottoAgent – You can download an APK to have access to the complete LottoAgent app for Android devices. Like theLotter’s app, it is a simplification and an optimized layout of the website without reducing the available resources and lotteries.
Source: LottoAgent app
- Jackpocket – Only alternative among the best online lottery sites that only allows you to play on the app. This US-exclusive agent has an Android app available with a complete list of the accepted states and all their local games.
Source: Jackpocket app
- Jackpot.com – Although there is no lottery app available in this brand, its website is fully responsive, and players will not face difficulties playing on the browser.
- Lotto247 – Despite the modern layout, Lotto247 did not want to expand its forms of access with Android or iOS apps. You can play its games via browser, using the link that we provide here.
- WinTrillions – WinTrillions keeps its simple website as the only way to play using its platform, just like the other two brands in the last positions of our ranking.
- LottoSmile – Although the brand belongs to theLotter, there is no specific app for the Indian players. The website looks just like theLotter’s app, which is positive.
Payment Methods for Deposit & Withdrawal on Lottery Sites
|Lottery Site||Deposit Payment Methods||Withdrawal Payment Methods|
|theLotter||VISA, Mastercard, Skrill, Neteller, Trustly, Paysafecard, Sofort, GiroPay, EPS, Bancontact, RapidTransfer, PSE, Bank Transfer.||VISA, Mastercard, Skrill, Neteller, Bank Transfer.|
|LottoAgent||VISA, Mastercard, Maestro, Skrill, Neteller, Trustly, WebMoney, SticPay, Bank Transfer.||VISA, Mastercard, Maestro, Skrill, SticPay, WebMoney, Bank Transfer.|
|Jackpocket||ApplePay, eCheck, Play+, PayPal, VISA, Mastercard, Discover, Bank Transfer.||VISA, Mastercard, Discover, Paypal, Bank Transfer.|
|Jackpot.com||VISA, Maestro, Mastercard, Neteller, Skrill, EPS, Euteller, Fast Bank Transfer, MuchBetter, NeoSurf, Net Banking, Paypal, Paysafecard, Safetypay, Sofort, Trustly, UPI, Webmoney.||VISA, Mastercard, Skrill, Neteller, Fast Bank Transfer, MuchBetter, Web Money.|
|Lotto247||VISA, Mastercard, Skrill, Neteller, MuchBetter, Astropay, Cryptocurrencies, Jeton, Webmoney, Sofort-Pay, EPS, Webpay, Multibanco, Bank Transfer.||Neteller, Skrill, Astropay, Bank Transfer.|
|WinTrillions||It does not provide information on the available payment methods.||It does not provide information on the available payment methods.|
|LottoSmile||VISA, Mastercard, and Bank Transfer.||Bank Transfer.|
Are There Any Taxes on Online Lottery Winnings?
Aside from normal reductions on the total lottery prize, such as when you opt for the cash option instead of annuities, you have to be aware of the taxes. They are applied according to the legislation in the country from where the lottery game comes from. Alternatively, when you bet on lottery results, you should check just your local legislation instead.
|Country||Taxes on Online Lottery Winnings|
It should be highlighted that small prizes, such as up to $500, tend to be exempted from those taxes, and different rules may apply to foreigners. Always read the terms and conditions of any lottery game you are playing.
Taxes on Online Lottery Winnings in the United States
There are states in the US that apply state taxes in addition to federal taxes. Also, foreign players pay 30% in federal taxes instead of 25%. Therefore, if you are not a US resident, add 5% to the total below:
|US State||State Tax||Total|
|District of Columbia||8.50%||33.5%|
The Biggest Online Lottery Winners
Everybody knows about the biggest lottery winners and how Powerball and Mega Millions dominate that ranking. However, players who start to play online lotteries are unaware of the lucky winners who made history playing on the same best lottery sites. That is why we brought the biggest known online lottery winners:
|Winner’s Name||From||How Much?|
|A. D.||Panama||$30 Million|
|H.S.L.||South Korea||€1 Million|
The Best Lottery Strategy Tips
- Sometimes it only takes a ticket more to add discounts up to 25% to your cart. Always screen the play page for those opportunities!
- If you regularly play a game, consider opting for a Multi-Draw or Subscription offer, as it often includes discounts from 10% to 25%.
- Understand the differences between purchasing real tickets on lottery agents and placing bets on lottery betting sites, especially when it comes to claiming prizes. Play on LottoAgent if you want both!
- Your odds will remain the same, no matter what you do. Therefore, save time by using the website’s Easy Pick option. You can always adjust if you want.
- Search for bundles and syndicates on your favorite online lottery site to pay less and get much better odds.
- If you are an instant-game fan, you will find scratchcards appealing on theLotter!
- You can play from wherever you are using your mobile browser. Use that in your favor to avoid losing the drawings of your favorite games. If you are in the US, you can play directly on the Jackpocket app!
- Check the lottery results daily by spending only a minute on our website.
You can play from the USA on theLotter’s specific pages for states like Texas or Oregon. The best alternative, with more games, is the Jackpocket app, available in several states already.
Yes, but they tend to be limited to specific regions, like the ones we presented here for UK residents. However, you will not win a big prize, just really small rewards that are probably not worth your time.
At the moment, you should check the 25% off available for subscriptions on theLotter and the 50% welcome bonus that is exclusive on Lotto247.
You could play Pick 3 and Pick 4 games because they have odds of 1 in 1,000 and 1 in 10,000, respectively. However, their prizes are low. For an optimal chance of winning, try Japan’s Mini Loto, with prizes above $100,000 and odds below 1 in 170,000.
Yes, as long as there is no specific legislation that considers online gambling illegal in your country. Also, respect the restrictions applied to some countries on the recommended websites.
No, the online lottery sites do not allow US residents to play international lotteries online due to the local legislation.
Yes. However, you will need to check if your country is listed in the restrictions of the website that you choose.